Homonym vs. Homophone
Homonym (noun) is one of a group of words that are spelled and pronounced the same way but have different meanings.
Here is an example: rose, rose
1. "I rose to the occasion."
2. "I like the smell of a rose."
Here is another example: miss, miss
1. "I miss my mom when she is at work."
2. "I missed my train because I wasn't paying attention."
Homophone (noun) is one of a group of words that are pronounced the same way but have different meanings and different spellings.
Here are some examples: they, there, and they're
1. "They are in my class."
2. "There is the ticket we've been looking for."
3. "They're going to be late if they don't leave soon."
Difference between Words
Science Related Words Difference and Comparison