Subjective vs. Objective
Subjective – (adj.) existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought.
2. pertaining to or characteristic of an individual; personal.
1. "Each person has their own subjective experience of reality."
2. "Taste and style are subjective by nature."
Objective – (adj.) not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased.
1. "Can you offer me objective advice on the situation?"
*Tip/Hint: subjective refers to opinion, and objective refers to facts
Circle the Correct Answer:
1. The interpretation of the painting can be objective / subjective to each viewer.
2. The subjective / objective tests indicate your current reading level.
Answers: subjective, objective
Difference between Words
Science Related Words Difference and Comparison