A conductor is any piece of material that easily allows heat or electricity to pass through it. Many different materials can be conductors but metals are the best conducting materials that are available to us. A conductor allows electrons to flow freely across its surface.
1. Copper wire is often used in electrical wire to conduct electricity.
2. Metal pots and pans transfer heat from the stove to the food inside of them to cook it.
3. A circuit board in a computer has many small metal wires that conduct electricity from one part to another.
4. Mixing metals with semi-metals like silicon creates superconducting materials which allow for the integrated processing devices that run our newest phones and computers.
5. Silver and aluminum are also good conductors of heat and electricity.