Energy Transformations Examples
An energy transformation is the change of energy from one form to another. Energy transformations occur everywhere every second of the day. There are many different forms of energy such as electrical, thermal, nuclear, mechanical, electromagnetic, sound, and chemical. Because the law of conservation of energy states that energy is always conserved in the universe and simply changes from one form to another, many energy transformations are taking place constantly.
1. A toaster transforms electrical energy into thermal energy.
2. A blender transforms electrical energy into mechanical energy.
3. The sun transforms nuclear energy into ultraviolet, infrared, and gamma energy all forms of electromagnetic energy.
4. Our bodies convert chemical energy from food into mechanical and electrical energy to allow us to move.
5. A natural gas stove converts chemical energy from burning into thermal energy used to cook food.