Thermal Energy Examples
1. A 12 ounce glass of water at 70 degrees has more thermal energy than a 12 ounce glass of water at 60 degrees.
2. Adding ice to a glass of water causes the temperature of the water to decrease because the thermal energy in the water causes the ice to melt.
3. A grill gives off thermal energy by burning propane.
4. The sun's thermal energy heats our atmosphere.
5. Thermal energy from a hot stove is transferred to a metal pot and causes the water molecules to move faster increasing the temperature of the water.
Thermal Energy Quiz
Thermal Energy Facts